Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossmo1
Token Ring
Views: 443
Message 1 of 3

X220T - 0xc000000e Error

My X220t suddenly crashed on a reboot. It tries to start Windows 7 Professional but goes to a black screen with 0xc0000000e message. I don't have dvd drive or rescue disk. F8 shows the Hitachi hard drive is being recognized. All boot options don't do anything (e.g. last good info, safe mode).  I have a complete backup on Seagate backup drive but that won't let me launch a restore from it to the laptop. I don't care about the data but want the least expensive route to getting this backup up and going. I did try to create a bootable diagnostic USB but it just gives me "error loading operating system". I previously tried to update to Windows 10 but couldn't get past an issue with Wacom holding up the install. Any ideas?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 408
Message 2 of 3

Re: X220T - 0xc000000e Error

How was the backup made? Can you get a copy of something like Memtest86+ and Hitachi Drive Fitness Test? It is probably a bad drive, but memory errors can cause any sort of problem. To run Hitachi DFT you will need to temporarily change the SATA settings in the BIOS to "compatibility".

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
rossmo1
Token Ring
Views: 405
Message 3 of 3

Re: X220T - 0xc000000e Error

I think I did a complete backup using prompts from the sea gate software. I will see if I can try the things you mentioned. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors