Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossmo1
Token Ring
Views: 254
Message 1 of 2

X220T No Wireless After Reinstall Win 7

Hello. I used a rescue disk to get my PC going again by reinstalling Windows 7 (boot sector issue I think). Wifi was not working at first but got it to work by reinstalling chip set update. I noticed the hard drive was half full with unusable junk so used the rescue disk to format the hard drive and then reinstalled Windows 7 once more. All is working fine but I cannot get the wifi working again even though I tried reinstalling the chip set. The radio button is on and its light shows up at bottom of monitor.

It shows 2 network adaptors, like before: Intel Centrino Advanced N-6205 and Intel 82579LM gigabit network. . Neither one has a yellow exclamation point next to it. I have tried disabling/enabling both with same result. Wired connnection works fine. Checked BIOS and WLAN is enabled. When using the "Manage Wireless Radio" app, I can power the bluetooth on and off but clicking the button next to 802.11 Wireless Radio does nothing. Also, the "Key Settings" icon at bottom has a NW to SE slash through it. I have used Lenovo System Update to get all but the KB2459268 Win 7 update (hangs up at 91% install).

I have checked other posts on the issue and some have broken links so I am not sure if I missed something or not. Any ideas on how to get this fixed?

rossmo1
Token Ring
Views: 197
Message 2 of 2

Re: X220T No Wireless After Reinstall Win 7

Finally got it to work somehow.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors