Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mammals
Fanfold Paper
Views: 414
Message 1 of 5

X220t Pressure Sensitivity Issue

http://i.imgur.com/uU5WZAd.png

This has been happening since I bought it, so I took it in under warranty to get fixed. They replaced the display (and top keyboard bezel kindly) and it fixed the touch input from jumping around to being smooth, but it didn't fix the initial problem of the pressure sensitivity.

It looks slightly different now with the new display, but it's pretty much the same exact issue. So this has me thinking that it's a digitizer issue? I really doubt it would be a DOA display.

I can't test another Wacom pen because I don't think I know anyone that would have one.

But does this make sense for it to be the pen causing the problems? I haven't seen any posts anywhere about a problem similar to this.

Otherwise, if you turn off pressure sensitivity in drawing programs or just use OneNote,etc. the pen works perfectly fine, it registers over the entire screen as it should.

Before it's asked, I've updated the firmware and installed the Wacom drivers and the Lenovo drivers, none of that changed anything.

Guru
Views: 386
Message 2 of 5

Re: X220t Pressure Sensitivity Issue

Have you tried to update your digitizer panel with this?

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

Mammals
Fanfold Paper
Views: 373
Message 3 of 5

Yes, of course.

See; "Before it's asked, I've updated the firmware and installed the Wacom drivers and the Lenovo drivers, none of that changed anything."

I'm 99% certain is not a software issue, as the problem changed when I got the new display, but still has the same characteristics as before. I just need to know if it's a display problem or digitizer problem to get it fixed.

Also I heard that the OEM digitizer just wasn't good, if that's the case I wouldn't mind just buying a second digitizer from a Wacom Cintiq or Fujitsu Lifebook if that's what it takes. But I can't imagine that's it's bad as this...

Mammals
Fanfold Paper
Views: 338
Message 4 of 5

And here is how it looks now after they replaced the display, same problem, but worse. This also persists across several drawing programs; Photoshop, Illustrator, and ArtRage.

http://i.imgur.com/ZrvXilC.png

Is it a problem with the display? Digitizer? Both?

Mammals
Fanfold Paper
Views: 269
Message 5 of 5

I have since fixed this problem with a new digitizer, specifically a Fujitsu T5000, which also has two buttons instead of just one. It does not fit in the pen silo though, don't try it. Turns out the OEM digitizer has no pressure sensitivity at all, not sure if it just sucks or is broken. Might try getting it replaced since it's still under warranty, just to have a better functioning one, I'll still prefer the Fujitsu digitizer over it though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors