Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SebastianDeyzel
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 1 of 3

X230 Tablet Digitizer pen not working

Hey everyone.

I have a X230 Tablet for work and instlaled windows 10 64bit on it. Unfortunately the digitizer pen is not working. Neiter are any of the touch functions working. There are no settings in control panel related to touch or pen and there is nothing under device manager for touch and pen. I tried installing the windows 7 drivers for this but when the utility launches I get the message "A supported tablet was not found on the system"

I have a secont X230 running windows 7 and all works perfectly, my windows 10 device's pen also works on the windows 7 device (That eliminates the actual pen)

There are no helpful links on the internet that has gotten me further with this problem. Im hoping someone else had the same issue at some stage and can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 139
Message 2 of 3

Re: X230 Tablet Digitizer pen not working

There are 3 parts involved and I don't know of a good wat to diagnose, other than swapping parts.  There is the digitizer itself (part of the screen).  Next is the cable, and, finallly, the USB hub on the motherboard.  Do the microphone and camera work?  I am not sure, but I would guess that they are on the same hub as the digitizer. The cable is the cheapest, but it is a real pain to change it.  The first time I did one, I was sure that there was no way to get the wires run correctly through the hinge.  If you take the screen apart, take several pistures showing how the cables and antenna wires run.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
haizzz
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 3 of 3

Re: X230 Tablet Digitizer pen not working

This information was very helpful. Thanks

haizzz

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals