Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvanv
What's DOS?
Views: 12,523
Message 1 of 3

X230 Tablet Docking Station Compatability

The reference guide is not very clear.  Is the X230 Tablet compatible with any of the USB 3.0 docking stations:

• ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3 with USB 3.0 (433615W)
  • ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3 with USB 3.0 (433715U - U.S.)
  • ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with USB 3.0 – 90W (433815U - U.S.)
  • ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with USB 3.0 – 170W (433835U - U.S.)

Officially, according to the guide it only shows the ultrabase, however when you search for accessories by selecting the X230 Tablet it brings up others, but not the USB 3.0 series.  The X230 Laptop is compatible.

Although it may not be worth the price as it seems to only have 1 USB 3.0 port and the rest are 2.0, price seems to be a $40 premium for the 1 USB 3.0.

When it is on the docking station does it lock out the native USB ports in the chassis of the X230T?  An older Toshiba I had reccomended against using the Laptops USB when docked.

Thanks

hallo_jerry
Serial Port
Views: 12,497
Message 2 of 3

Re: X230 Tablet Docking Station Compatability

"Officially" X230T does not work with any mini docking station or port replicator.

If you still prefer mini docking station than ultrabase, then you can take a look:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/lenovo/638559-x220-tablet-minidock-series-3-plus.html

cvanv
What's DOS?
Views: 12,478
Message 3 of 3

Re: X230 Tablet Docking Station Compatibility

Interesting,

If you go to LENOVO Canada store, Accessories, and search on X230 T model 3434, it pulls up the port replicator series 3

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/webca/LenovoPortal/en_CA/catalog.workflow:find-compa...

I believe at least one of the mirror sites pulled up even more options.  This is where I was getting turned around.

Originally I was looking for the USB 3.0 on the base, however it is more expensive and only gives an upgrade to one of the USB ports.

Has anyone had any issues using the onboard USB ports while docked (ie the ones on the laptop as opposed to the ones on the base)

Top Kudoed Authors