cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iYassin
Punch Card
Views: 367
Message 1 of 2

X230 Tablet - Win10 bug with secondary landscape orientation?

I recently upgraded my X230 Tablet to Windows 10. A few days ago, I tried (for the first time with Win10) to use the tablet in seconday landscape screen orientation as an inking tablet in front of my LT1421p monitor, can't use primary landscape mode for that because the battery is higher than the front of the X230t which would make it uncomfortable.

However, it failed and TSMResident.exe reported "Display cannot switch to secondary landscape in this configuration."

I already know that there is a "feature" which prohibits secondary landscape when using the internal WWAN module, but the module is turned off - and when only using WiFi, secondary landscape has always been available on my X201t and the X230t with Windows 8.1.

Anyway, I tried switching of all wireless connections using the hardware switch - secondary landscape is still now working.

Because of that, I think that there is a bug in the Tablet Button driver software that prevents it from correctly detecting the status of the wireless modules. Are there any X230t owners around here with the same problem or maybe even a solution?

iYassin
Punch Card
Views: 303
Message 2 of 2

Re: X230 Tablet - Win10 bug with secondary landscape orientation?

Any X230t owners around?

Maybe somebody of the community moderators knows how to file a bug report about this? I simply can't believe that there is no fix for a simple driver bug for a device which is not even three years old...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors