Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomRee
What's DOS?
Views: 799
Message 1 of 4

X230 Tablet Windows 7 WLAN Problem

Hello,

I cant seem to find out how to activate the WLAN-Adapter under my freshly Installed Windows 7 x64 Professional on my x230 Tablet. I installed the Lenovo System Update software and downloaded all the drivers it told me that there are. I also tried the WLAN drivers from the support website for my device. I also checked the BIOS settings, where all the I/O Devices are enabled. It still wont show up as an Adapter under Win7. 

Intel Management and Security Status Application also says the Link of it is down.

I also checked for the killswitch and made sure its disengaged (so the color its showing is green which means on - when I turn this off and on the system also detects the bluetooth adapter coming on).

Please help.

Greetings,

Tom Rieck

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 788
Message 2 of 4

Re: X230 Tablet Windows 7 WLAN Problem

Did it work before? What OS? What kind of adapter do you have?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
TomRee
What's DOS?
Views: 784
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

Yes it seemingly worked before. I just bought this device from someone else. It had windows 10 on it with its initial setup screens showing up in the beginning, where I could see that it detected wireless networks in the area (because win 10 of course asks for network connection as the very first step in its setup Smiley Wink). I wanted to use win7 so I formatted the entire disk and installed that on it.

I dont know what adapter is in there specifically but it should be one of those which are listed with the laptop.

Greetings,

Tom

TomRee
What's DOS?
Views: 749
Message 4 of 4

Solved it.

At some point I noticed that the Driver Setup Program I was able to run didn't actually install the drivers but just unpacked it to C:\DRIVERS where the needed files which worked for manual install via device manager resided.

Great work Lenovo Smiley Wink

But the Thinkpad itself is awesome so far!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors