Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevtek
Paper Tape
Views: 9,889
Message 1 of 20

X230 Tablet input not working

I recently purchased a X230 type 3434-CTO Tablet (the one with gorilla glass). The first night I had it it worked great and I was incredibly happy with my purchase. At the end of the night I began installing an update for windows and let it run overnight. The next day I encountered severe problems with the touch screen. Pen input will not function at all in tablet mode and intermitently in laptop mode.

I began with restoring windows to before I updated, then reinstalled windows and all drivers ect. Nothing has worked so far. I brought it to the IT department at my school and they tried using older drivers ect, nothing has worked so far. I am increidbly frustrated, has anyone else encountered this  or a similar issue?

Thank you for your time and thought Smiley Happy

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 9,885
Message 2 of 20

Re: Tablet not working

welcome to the community.

sorry you're having troubles.

have you tried to recover the system to factory-delivered state via the on-disk recovery process? or did you make the factory recovery dvd set, which you could use with an external dvd drive?

please post back more specifics about what condition your machine is in. ie, data and docs backed up, ready to have a new or factory install done, etc.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

kevtek
Paper Tape
Views: 9,872
Message 3 of 20

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I did create a recovery media using an external HDD and I can't remember if i did a fresh install or a repair using it.

As soon as I noticed the issue I quickly backed up the one working onenote file I had and continue to use external storage or my desktop for personal data (It is ready for a complete wipe). I was considering about upgrading to Windows 8 wishing it might make a diffrence? But I'm not sure if that would create difficulties if I need to RMA the machine?

Thanks for the quick response!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 9,870
Message 4 of 20

since win8 isn't generally available yet, i'd hold off, personally.

if you can spare the time and effort, i'd run a complete reinstall/reimage from your recovery package and run the factory setup for a while to be sure that there wasn't some underlying hardware issue that would require a service trip.

hth.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

kevtek
Paper Tape
Views: 9,856
Message 5 of 20

I just performed a factory reinstall and have zero pen input function in either laptop or tablet mode :/ I'm not sure where to go from here. I apoligise for seeming completely helpless even though I certainly feel it at this point...

Thanks again!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 9,851
Message 6 of 20

No worries. I'm happy to try to help.

Do you have any tablet button function?

kevtek
Paper Tape
Views: 9,847
Message 7 of 20

Yes. All the buttons work normally.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 9,845
Message 8 of 20

Ok.

I'm not my pc right now so I'm a bit limited, but if you google: x230 tablet driver matrix

one of the top hits should take you to the complete driver listing. Is there something labeled as a "tablet pen" driver or similar? If so, you can look at the readme to check which, if any, version you have installed and whether it makes sense to try installing it.

I'll be back at my pc later tonight and will do some additional checking for you.

Cheers.

Bobo03
Punch Card
Views: 9,819
Message 9 of 20

Re: X230 Tablet input not working

Awesome.  

I have lost ALL tablet functionality in my 2 week old laptop.  I have only used it one day, and it was entirely in laptop mode.  Tomorrow is my first day to need the note taking ability, and I discover that nothing is working.  Pen is not working, touch is not working.  Buttons on the screen are not working.  

Working on my laptop was not one of the reasons that I purchased it.  

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 9,812
Message 10 of 20

Re: X230 Tablet input not working

@Bobo03...

what version of this: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS014979

are you currently at? how about bios?

for reference, here is the entire x230t driver matrix:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_CY/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&DocID=HT073838

cheers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors