Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanvan9
Paper Tape
Views: 2,084
Message 1 of 12

X230 Touch screen with Pen or Finger fails often

I am in an IT department at a small clinic in Idaho.  We have several X220's and X230's here.  

There are several machines that have issues with the touch screen just stopping.  Nothing with the pen/finger will work.  The mouse still works, but nothing with the pen.

We created a script that restarts the TabletInputService, the docs would run this script when the pen stops working.  That script works a majority of the time, but not always.  One of our docs just received a brand new X230 Type 3435-2TU 2 weeks ago.  She pen has stopped working several times in that two weeks.  She said that script only works a few times.  She has to reboot for it to work again....so rebooting works.  We can't have docs rebooting 3-4 times a day.

Does anyone know of a permanent fix for this?

Please help!!

Desperate IT Guy!!

martinaire
Paper Tape
Views: 1,925
Message 2 of 12

Re: X230 Touch screen with Pen or Finger fails often

We just got 9 new x230's and some of them are doing the same thing. Did you ever get a resolution?

ryanvan9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,919
Message 3 of 12

NO!  and it's driving me nuts.

I even have our vendor trying to figure it out.

We were thinking it was a conflict with our EMR (electronic medical records)...but since you are having the same issues then maybe not.

martinaire
Paper Tape
Views: 1,915
Message 4 of 12

We are also from Idaho in a family practice clinic in Idaho Falls. We are using eClinicalWorks; have been for 8 years and never had this problem with previous Thinkpads. I'm thinking about sending all these back to the vendor, especially based on these problems that appear to be more common than I first suspected.

ryanvan9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,910
Message 5 of 12

HA!  yes we use ECW as well.  We are in Nampa.

I wonder if it's ECW conflicting with something in windows (touch service)

The problem is it's so random.  

We do have a script that we created that restarts the pen service.  If you want it I can send it to you. Let me know where to send it.  It works MOST of the time.  

martinaire
Paper Tape
Views: 1,901
Message 6 of 12

We bought these through CDW so I'll see if they can help and let you know what happens.

jhurley
Paper Tape
Views: 1,871
Message 7 of 12

Please tell me you found a fix!!! hahaha i've been battling this for months!  We just got in a new X230 4 months ago and it started doing it after a month of use... i have X220's that have similar problems.. i've tried removing all drivers and installing the latest ones from lenovo.. tried a fresh reload... nothing works... the doctor will use it and then randomely pen/finger input won't work... occasionally the touchpad/rubber nub will quit working too... we have multiple EMR's at the moment and the problem occurs with all of them... we have offices that use Athena, ECW, eMD's, to name a few.. so i don't think it's EMR related... the docs are starting to get really upset they have to restart constantly... is there anyway you could send me your script for me to try out?  i have a ticket in with lenovo but i have a feeling it's not going to get my anywhere....

ryanvan9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,858
Message 8 of 12

jhurley,

No, we don't have a fix yet.  I even had a Lenovo tech replace the digitizer on the laptop...still no fix.

Your issue sounds exactly the same as ours.  The script works 90% of the time, without having to reboot, that makes the docs happy!  

We just received in 25 Yoga's.  I have only deployed 1 so far, and it's someone that doesn't really use the pen service.  So she won't be a help for troubleshooting.  I REALLY hope the Yoga's don't have that issue too...that will leave a black eye for Lenovo for us.  

We are wondering if it has something to do with them being click happy with the stylus.  If you think about it, a Doc in an EMR would click a lot more than average Joe would surfing the net.  We can't think of any other thing that would do it.

Send me your email address and I will send you the script.

Thanks,

Ryan

jhurley
Paper Tape
Views: 1,855
Message 9 of 12

PM sent.. thanks again! i'll let you know if I can get anything figured out with this... I can never seem to recreate the problem though.. lol everytime I get it back from the doc, pen/finger is working fine... I have witnessed it not working though... I just can't figure out what they do to cause it to stop... maybe it is something to do with how much they tap on the screen
ryanvan9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,851
Message 10 of 12

Email sent.  Let me know if you don't see it in a few mins.

I have tried everything to fix it.  I HAS to do with them clicking so much.  One doc clicked something like 15 times in  row...and it finally came up.  I think it was processing all of those clicks and when he stopped it brought up the dialog box.

It's hard to tell the docs not to click so much...but if that is the fix, we might have to.

Thanks!

Ryan

Keep in touch!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors