Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moulip
Fanfold Paper
Views: 624
Message 1 of 4

[X230] Wifi led is not working

Hi there,

I've just purchased a X230 from a friend. I had not noticed the moment I took it, but the wifi LED is not working on my laptop.

The wifi is working well but not the led. My X230 is working under Debian/GNU Linux, but it does not work with Windows too.

I have tried to install a WWAN module from a X220 and got the Unauthorized network card error. Maybe something went wrong at that moment I don't know. I have just updated the BIOS to the 2.62 version but no change.

Any idea ?

IBMX230
What's DOS?
Views: 393
Message 2 of 4

Re: [X230] Wifi led is not working

Please notice that x230's wireless network status LED indicator is combined to one which is different from older ThinkPads.

There's only one indicator looks like a WIFI icon for all wireless communications - WLAN/WWAN/Bluetooth/WiMAX, which means any one of them is on, the indicator is on, and all of them are shutdown, the indicator becomes off. So, if you are familiar with older ThinkPads, you may be confused.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 386
Message 3 of 4

Does the power light come on? If no, it might be a motherboard fuse. If yes, it might be the little LED board (inside the screen assembly).

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 381
Message 4 of 4

@moulip wrote:

Hi there,

I've just purchased a X230 from a friend. I had not noticed the moment I took it, but the wifi LED is not working on my laptop.

The wifi is working well but not the led. My X230 is working under Debian/GNU Linux, but it does not work with Windows too.

I have tried to install a WWAN module from a X220 and got the Unauthorized network card error. Maybe something went wrong at that moment I don't know. I have just updated the BIOS to the 2.62 version but no change.

Any idea ?

Good day.

Is this an X230T or the X230 clamshell laptop?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors