Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noora_lynn
Paper Tape
Views: 4,818
Message 1 of 6

X230 tablet Windows 8 upgrade, webcam not working

Hello,

I recently upgraded to windows 8 and I have everything working so far except for the webcam. I've installed the drivers so that when I go into device manager under Imaging devices it lists Integrated Camera and Camera Plus and device manager says both of these are updated and working the fine. However, when I use the Camera app which I get to from Windows 8 metro all I see is a cartoon of a camera crossed out. The yellow webcam light does turn on, but it's not working. The same thing happens when I try to do a video recording in Microsoft OneNote 2007, which I used to be able to do. 

I've tried to uninstall the webcam drivers and reinstall it, but it still isn't working. I've tried doing hardware scans and update scans in the Lenovo Solutions Center but it says everything is fine.

Any suggestions would be really helpful. If I can't get everything to work in Windows 8 I'm switching back to Windows 7, which I made a backup disc of.

Thanks,

-Noora

Noora_lynn
Paper Tape
Views: 4,779
Message 2 of 6

Re: X230 tablet Windows 8 upgrade, webcam not working

I think I finally fixed it actually, sorry about that. I just kept installing drivers from the Lenovo website and it's working now. The camera program that you access through Metro says the camera is only 0.9 pixels though, and I thought the camera was more than that. 

Is there a way to tell if I've installed all the necessary drivers? I have done multiple software scans with Lenovo Solution Center but even when the camera wasn't working it said I had no updates, so that's why I kept installing drivers from the website. 

Also, does anyone know the driver to make the wacom pen right click button work? I really miss that

One thing I think is better with Windows 8 actually is the screen orientation change button. It's way faster than in Windows 7! I also like that it doesn't do it automatically, because I don't always want it automatic. 

schlomm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,746
Message 3 of 6

For the automatic screen rotation (changing the screen into Tablet mode while switching to Tablet mode) please refer to my post on thinkpad-forum.de.

I recommend Google Translator Smiley Wink http://thinkpad-forum.de/threads/155303-X230t-Anzeige-sekund%C3%A4res-Querformat-mit-aktivem-WWAN?p=...

If you have any problems, feel free to ask for a translation Smiley Wink

@ "right click with pen":  Works here without any problems.

RobAC
Punch Card
Views: 4,718
Message 4 of 6

Noora,

Have you used the Lenovo System Update ? http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS012808

I find this is better to get all the Lenovo approved drivers.

I used to have had all sorts of weirdness when I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8 and the latest drivers solved most of them- including the hotkeys and caps lock & mute button on screen icon notification etc. Still some quirkiness to be fixed by Lenovo- but a lot better than a few months ago.

I also wound up downloading the latest Win 8 x64 drivers from Wacom themselves. Again not perfect but usable.

I have alway wondered about the 0.9 mpx listing on Win 8. The specs of the X230T says it is a higher resolution.

Use a third party webcam program such as Skype or the trial version of Youcam from Cyberlink to check your cam functions.

Rob

Seb_CA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,076
Message 5 of 6

Re: X230 tablet Windows 8.1 upgrade, webcam not working

Hi I installed win 8.1 and just noticed that the webcam is not working anymore.  Did the Fn-F6 and I only get Power, Location and Audio. No webcam settings.  I also uploaded the latest drivers, but nothing... When I go to skype and checkk webcam, it shows a blank list.  

thanks for your help!  

Seb_CA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,749
Message 6 of 6

Re: X230 tablet Windows 8.1 upgrade, webcam not working

Does anyone have their X230T integrated webcam working with Win 8.1 64Bit Pro? Mine is working sometimes when a new windows update, but then stops. Don't believe it is a hardware issue and possibly the driver for the camera. Anyone have any suggestions? I reinstalled the drivers for it (latest version was Oct 2013 or 1.0.30.). Now it just doesn't work...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Top Kudoed Authors