cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btownsend
Serial Port
Views: 614
Message 1 of 1

X230 tablet locks at ThinkPad screen when startup in docking station, TSM Resident also quits.

I have an issue that is plaguing my ThinkPad X230 Tablet. I cannot afford to be without it for a week to send it into the depot and am not sure they will be able to replicate the issue even if I do.

Two things are happening.

Tablet is placed in the docking station. If I turn it on, it will lock up at the ThinkPad screen and never fully load Windows (Win 7 64-bit). If I take it out of the docking station, hard crash it, and then restart, it will start right up. I then wait for the Windows home screen and place back in the docking station. When I do this, TSM Resident immediately quits. This is recurrent.  The error message is:

TSMResident has stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name:         TSMResident.exe

Application Version:     6.32.0.0

Application Timestamp:              4f2235b0

Fault Module Name:    TSMResident.exe

Fault Module Version: 6.32.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:          4f2235b0

Exception Code:             c0000005

Exception Offset:           0000471f

OS Version:      6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:           1033

Additional Information 1:           0a9e

Additional Information 2:           0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:           0a9e

Additional Information 4:           0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

First off, what could be causing the hang up when the Tablet is in the docking station?

Second, what is TSM Resident and how do I get it to stop crashing when I put the tablet into the docking station?

I plan to call a local Lenovo service center to see if I can bring everything in to them (monitor and peripherals included) to see if they can fix it, but would like to know if anyone has experience fixing this type of problem first as that is a lot of work to drag dual 27 inch monitors, external drives, USB router, etc in so they can see the exact setup. Thank you.

Bill