Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnsblue
What's DOS?
Views: 1,139
Message 1 of 2

X230T: digitizer doesn't work well on Windows 8.1 + OneNote 2013

Hi,

I recently did a clean install of Windows 8.1 on my X230T, and also installed Office 2013.

I need to use the digitizer with OneNote 2013 heavily for taking lecture notes. 

As I did when I was using Windows7, I set the side button on the digitizer to "eraser" and expect that it works properly.

However, it is not the case.

Yes I can write with the tip without any problem. 

Unfortunately, when I tried to press the button to switch the tip from the pen mode to the eraser mode, the behavior

of the digitizer becomes pretty strange. 

(1) If I remain the tip close to the screen, it would not switch to the eraser mode

(2) if I move the tip a little higher and let the cursor disappear, then hold the button and move the tip back to the screen, I SOMETIMES get the eraser mode; but it doesn't switch back to the pen mode even if I release the button.

I need to again move the tip far away from the screen and release the button to get the pen mode back.

I downloaded the up-to-date driver from Wacom but it doesn't help.

Also, I cannot find the driver for this functionality for Windows 8.1 on Lenovo website;

the latest version of multitouch driver only supports Windows 7 and older versions of windows.

Does anyone experience the same problem as I did?

Can somebody help?

Thanks a lot!

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 1,106
Message 2 of 2

Re: X230T: digitizer doesn't work well on Windows 8.1 + OneNote 2013

Hi bnsblue,

Have a look at this thread (last message): http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/Inking-in-onenote-x220t/m-p/1281619#M24...

Solution: OneNote 2013 is buggy. Version 2010 works fine.

X220t | i7 | 320GB HDD | 8GB RAM | WIN7 PRO
IdeaCenter A520 | i5 | 1 TB HDD | 6GB RAM | WIN8.1

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors