Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZihaoJ
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 1 of 4

X230T lost plastic screen locks

Hi Everyone, 

I lost the plastic locks for my X230T screen as shown in the pictures. Does anyone know where I can buy and find replacements? 

Thanks!unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 275
Message 2 of 4

Re: X230T lost plastic screen locks

They are a weak point on that model (also X220T).  I have tried using every kind of glue I could think of, but nothing works very well.  The original is pressed in and there is a little rubber pin with a "mushroomed" tip that is forced through a hole that looks too small.  The only choice that works is to find a NEW keyboard bezel, probably directly from Lenovo.  If I remember correctly, X220t and X230t use different keyboard bezels.  There is a notch cut at the top on the X230t to make room for the different power switch on the keyboard.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Guru
Views: 250
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Its out of stock but is the below part the keyboard bezel that would work for you?  Please confirm part I put in generic 230T but if you put in your serial number you can confirm part number.  Dont post your serial number here.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-tablet-laptops/th...

https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/10654363/Lenovo/04W6808/Keyboard

k bz.jpg

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 228
Message 4 of 4

The picture is correct.  You can see the notch right next to the place the keyboard power switch would be.  The X220t bezel doesn't have the notch.  Many sellers don't know the difference.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors