Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 811
Message 1 of 3

X230T: mSATA SSD only for cache?

Page 17 of HMM states

If the computer is equipped with both a hard disk drive and an mSATA solid-state drive, do not use the mSATA solid-state drive as a bootable device. The mSATA solid-state drive is designed and developed for “cache” function purpose only.

and on page 18

If the computer is shipped with both an mSATA solid-state drive and a hard disk drive, the mSATA solid-state drive is used for the “cache” function and to support the Intel Rapid Start Technology. We recommend that users do not replace the mSATA solid-state drive by themselves. Otherwise, the “cache” function will not work and the Intel Rapid Start Technology cannot be used any more.

My new X230T shipped with a 500GB HDD and no mSATA drive.

Plan is to install a 180+GB mSATA SSD as the main drive and reserve the regular HDD space for future needs.

The above claim is giving me second thoughts.

Any comments, clarifications, suggestions?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 771
Message 2 of 3

Re: X230T: mSATA SSD only for cache?

An mSATA drive will work fine as the boot drive

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
thinkkk
What's DOS?
Views: 755
Message 3 of 3

Re: X230T: mSATA SSD only for cache?

I installed 256GB mSATA as boot drive and it works fine for near 2 years. I even take off original HDD to reduce weight of x230t.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors