cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pugilist
Paper Tape
Views: 161
Message 1 of 2

X230T,put pressure on keyboayd and it shuts off?

This is a wierd hardware issue, I'm sure of it.  One day I came home and my x230T wouldn't power up. I unplugged it, removed the battery, pressed on the power button several times and nothing happened. I even replaced the CMOS battery and put the screws back in and it still would not power up. It was a total brick.  But it works when I removed the screws that hold the keyboard down. I pressed down on the keyboard around the trackpoint, more like the area by the F and V keys and J and N, and then it powers off. The only way to activate it is to unplug it and remove the battery, then put the battery back in and plug it in. Then it powers up as if it was in sleep mode. Any ideas what it could be?  Aside from getting a new laptop, I'm at a loss on how to troubleshoot it. So far, it did lose power randomly only once but it powered back up once I disconnected and reconnected the power sources.  Is there hope for the old X230T?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 133
Message 2 of 2

Re: X230T,put pressure on keyboayd and it shuts off?

It sounds like a short or crack in a connector.  Based on your description, I would guess either the keyboard cable of a trace on the motherboard.  If it is a trace, there is unlikely to be a repair that is reasonable.  You might think about replacing the keyboard

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors