cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
del_psi
Token Ring
Views: 865
Message 11 of 24

Re: X230t latch/sidepad one loose, one tight, reasons?

Do Thinkpads even stand for quality  anymore?

I hope my X230t can at least last 5 years like my $300 laptops.

ttran
SCSI Port
Views: 864
Message 12 of 24

Probably not a big deal, it is just disappointing2 that they dont make it consistence with all the laptops. As you can see, XthinkpadUser one is very solid and tight both left and right rubber hinge. It is one of the weak part of the laptop though, my teachers and my friends used the x220t and that part (the left one) are very easy to break. Take good care of it, I set up a return of mine for full refund already, I might just get a non-tablet version one for good

Chimuel
Serial Port
Views: 819
Message 13 of 24

These things are just poorly designed/made. I had a similar issue on my X220T and even my new X230T. I just opened the laptop (removed keyboard, palm rest and keyboard bezel) and I superglued it down.

The right side is actually manufactured so that it's held down to the keyboard bezel itself while the left side one sits on a metal plate and under the metal plate is a rubber 'n' shaped wedge that keeps it in place. I superglued the rubber to the metal (as I did in my X220T) and that seems to have solved my issue.

I would post pictures but I am not really up for taking my laptop apart again! If, however, there is enough demand for detailed pictures then I will be more than happy to show everyone.

--

Chimuel

X220 Tablet Multitouch: Intel Core i7 2640m, 8GB RAM, 80GB Intel 310 Series mSata + 320GB 7200rpm 2.5", Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 AGN, Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0, Fingerprint Reader, 720P Webcam, Battery 6-cell 52+ and 6-cell slice 19+
hp79
HDMI
Views: 785
Message 14 of 24

I have the same problem too. Left one is a little loose, and often times when I change to tablet mode, the left rubber piece doesn't get inserted into the hole, so I have to carefully align them.
del_psi
Token Ring
Views: 780
Message 15 of 24

@hp79 wrote:
I have the same problem too. Left one is a little loose, and often times when I change to tablet mode, the left rubber piece doesn't get inserted into the hole, so I have to carefully align them.

Wait , so the quality control is as bad as a $300 laptop?

hp79
HDMI
Views: 757
Message 16 of 24

Just wanted to share my picture, and also ask for answers if the officials has anything to say about it.

Because this is a little loose, sometimes when I close the lid, the left side rubber doesn't get inserted correctly so I have to carefully align it with the screen before I switch modes.
ttran
SCSI Port
Views: 738
Message 17 of 24

This is very disappointing, the 2nd X230t also got this problem, though very little, but anyway, it is not an excuse for lenovo to have such a bad quality control like this.

Check my new respond to the thread, in which I describe all more problem I found in the X230t

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/X230t-is-the-most-awesome-tablet-ever/t...

alexcusters
Paper Tape
Views: 685
Message 18 of 24

The latch to the left side of the screen can be pushed away into the computer base: it is a flexible mounted latch for the simple reason that if it would be ridged like the one on the right side it would break your screen if you close the lid before fully turning back to notebook mode (e.g. when the screen is in between tablet and notebook mode). Seem logic to me that it is a little less ridged on the left side. No need for me to glue everything together.

The problem after one year of normal/intensive use of my x220t however is that on both sides of the screen the plastic latches broke of. You cannot order these parts from the Lenovo website. I don't even know the correct name for them. Any suggestions to this point?

Thanks!

Alex

del_psi
Token Ring
Views: 629
Message 19 of 24

@alexcusters wrote:

The latch to the left side of the screen can be pushed away into the computer base: it is a flexible mounted latch for the simple reason that if it would be ridged like the one on the right side it would break your screen if you close the lid before fully turning back to notebook mode (e.g. when the screen is in between tablet and notebook mode). Seem logic to me that it is a little less ridged on the left side. No need for me to glue everything together.

The problem after one year of normal/intensive use of my x220t however is that on both sides of the screen the plastic latches broke of. You cannot order these parts from the Lenovo website. I don't even know the correct name for them. Any suggestions to this point?

Thanks!

Alex

All I can say is next time buy a better tablet PC.

timpel_800
Punch Card
Views: 382
Message 20 of 24

So, I aswel managed to break the rightside latch. Is there any solution to this? From what i've read I don't get much hope... It's kinda anoying since i bought this thinkpad for being solid. But it can't even survive a trip in my backpack (which has a specialiy designed section for it Smiley Indifferent

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors