Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rares12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,189
Message 1 of 10

X240 - BIOS LOCKED

I am faceing with a problem with my x240 thinkpad. I want to boot it up but it didn't. I noticed strange sounds, it was the hdd. I've tried to boot it up with a new one and enter the bios. It was stuck on the lenovo screen for a few minutes without any response, after it dissappeared and it showed up an icon requesting a password or code I guess. Please help me!

20180523_201339.jpgx

Mod's Edit: updated model information in Subject line and moved post to the correct forum

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,129
Message 2 of 10

Re: X240 - BIOS LOCKED

That is a prompt for the password on HDD2, probably the M.2 slot.  If you don't know the password, the drive cannot be reused.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Rares12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,110
Message 3 of 10

The problem is that it doesn’t have a secondary hdd or m.2, i didn’t have any important data, so I don’t mind I must change the hdd.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,104
Message 4 of 10

So there is nothing in the M.2 (WWAN) slot?  Disk cache?  The lock screen with the "2" looks like the HDD-2 prompt

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Rares12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,098
Message 5 of 10

Well, I didn’t know that the problem may be from   these slots,I am going to remove those cards  and check after that, thank you!  

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,085
Message 6 of 10

Don't remove the wireless card.  (the shorter one)

Rich

Rares12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,079
Message 7 of 10

Ok, I am going to post as soon as I check the slots. I’m not going to remove that card 

Rares12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,065
Message 8 of 10

Ok, I've checked the slot, you were right, thank you very much. I had an m.2 ssd 16gb in it. I didnt't even noticed it because it was shorter than the one I had in my other laptop, anyway I started the laptop and  pressed enter to intrerrupt the normal start up and after that F1, now I think that is requesting a password like supervisor password I think, still I could access the bios but only modifing a few things. Unfortunatley I can't modify the boot order. How can I install now a new windows on the new Hdd?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,039
Message 9 of 10

If it has a supervisor password on it, there is no backdoor password.  You can remember the password, get it from the previous owner or replace the motherboard.  There are no other options

Rich

Rares12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,024
Message 10 of 10

Ok, thank you!

Top Kudoed Authors