cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dominik
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,662
Message 1 of 5

X41 tablet buttons + scroll lock and caps lock lights + screen orientation change stopped working!

Well, I have no idea what caused this but the tablet buttons (even the on/off button) the lights for caps lock and scroll lock as well as the automatic screen orientation change when I flip it to be a tablet have stopped working.
Also the screen does not turn off anymore when the lid is closed. Reinstalled pretty much all of the drivers, no effect.

Any ideas? Is this thing already broken?
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 7,639
Message 2 of 5

re. X41 tablet buttons + scroll lock and caps lock lights + screen orientation change stopp.....

well, SOMETHING is broken..

though it would seen unlikely it is hardware..

a question: did you load anything new just before this happened..?
anything at all..
scanner drivers or printer drivers or a new application..?

OH!, welcome to the lenovo community..!  Smiley Happy
Bill Morrow, kept by parrots
Sysop - forum.thinkpads.com
X300, T60p, X60s,X60T (sxga+), Transnote, MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPod
----
She was not what you would call refined.
She was not what you would call unrefined.
She was the type of person who kept a parrot.
Mark Twain
Dominik
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,622
Message 3 of 5

Re: re.

No, didn't install anything new. The only thing I changed is the angle the screen rotates to when flipped. If that caused this error...wow just wow.

Strange thing is...as suddenly as it stopped working a few days ago it started again to work just fine today. The only thing I did with the thinkpad between than and now is transport it in a car....so I have to conclude it is some kind of defective contact.

You see, the lights for caps lock and scroll lock didn't work either during the last few days while the software EFFECT was still there. Any other conclusions? The way the display is mounted seems to continue to be the weak point of all convertibles.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

In other news: System Update is up for the "Worst piece of software inflicted on mankind" awards in my book. Slow, unstable, ugly. Why can't every company make software like Google and Apple *sigh*....Smiley Sad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 7,617
Message 4 of 5

Re: re.

Dominik..

my guess is the cable has gone flaky..
sounds like time for warranty service..

what i would do is move the display back and forward and rotate it and watch for errors..

Bill Morrow, kept by parrots
Sysop - forum.thinkpads.com
X300, T60p, X60s,X60T (sxga+), Transnote, MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPod
----
She was not what you would call refined.
She was not what you would call unrefined.
She was the type of person who kept a parrot.
Mark Twain
sano88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,394
Message 5 of 5

X41 tablet buttons + scroll lock and caps lock lights + screen orientation change stopped working!

Ah ha!  This is the bug I've been having with my X61 tablet.  In fact, based on this message, I tested whether the caps lock light would come on or not and it doesn't.  Is there a hardware switch that detects when your laptop is going into tablet mode?  The only difference is that my power button works.I don't know. does this scream warranty service to y'all?