Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanachim
Paper Tape
Views: 514
Message 1 of 3

X61 Driver Updates for WIndows Server 2008R2

I rely on Windows Server 2008R2.  I use the Windows 7 64Bit drivers.

I love the X61.  It's been the best notebook computer I've ever had.

A recent driver update (manually downloaded & installed) has caused a few problems.  I did several updates, so I do not know which driver has been the start of my problems, which are:

1. Hyper-V no longer recognises that my machine has HyperVisor turned on.  All hyper-v virtual machines now no longer work
  2. Machine now suddenly switches off without any warning at all.  Machine doesn't even know that it was switched off when I switch back on.  This often happens when I'm in the middle of watching a movie online from a browser.  This is not browser specific since I use  Chrome,  Opera and IE9.
  3. My screen buttons don't work
  4. I still have the PCI Serial Port device as unknown (this is the Intel Mobile PM965/GM956 KT Controller (can't find a driver for it ANYWHERE...)
  5. Still have an unidentified device (IBM0068 ACPI device).

I can't use the System Update program since it only gets as far as 10% and then gives me an unknown error.  I reckon it has something to do with the fact that it can't comprehend that I'm using Windows 2008R2.

Has anyone else had any similar issues?  Can anyone cast any light on this for me please?

seanachim
Paper Tape
Views: 511
Message 2 of 3

Re: X61 Driver Updates for WIndows Server 2008R2

Oh yes- Drive is running a little noisier now and laptop getting hot as wellSmiley Sad
seanachim
Paper Tape
Views: 478
Message 3 of 3

Update: X61 Driver Updates for WIndows Server 2008R2

Okay, after several hours of testing and retesting, it seems clear that the majority of problems seem to come from the BIOS update.

I obviouly cannot install the updated BIOS from within Windows 2008 Server, so i have now downloaded the Bootable ISO and going to see if this makes a difference to the restarting/shutting down problem.

The biggest headache has been the sudden switching off, which I now realise is as a result of the overheating, which is as a result of the BIOS updateSmiley Sad

Once I have done the update I will review and update this post.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals