Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koray
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,840
Message 1 of 2

X61 Tablet Windows 8 - Tablet Button and Features Request

I have upgraded to Windows 8 64 bit on my X61 Tablet, however I cannot get the tablet buttons, hotkeys, or auto-rotation to work. My understanding is that Lenovo has stopped supporting these products.

I think it is a shame to stop using a perfectly working tablet PC with a superior LCD. I don't want to go back to Win 7 leaving all kinds of nice features on Windows 8.

Any suggestions? Is there a hope?

Koray

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,764
Message 2 of 2

Re: X61 Tablet Windows 8 - Tablet Button and Features Request

Hi koray,

I've been playing around with Windows 8 since the developers preview.  I've ran it on a lot of older systems.  Getting things to work will require some experimentation on your part.  

You can start with your Driver Matrix.  There you can find the Hotkeys Utility for Windows 8.  You will also need the Power Manager Driver for Windows 8.  Not Power Manager,  just the Power Manager Driver.  

Run Windows Update, it will probably find some stuff.  Some Windows 7 drivers will work, others won't.  

I'm running Windows 8 Pro on an x60 tablet and everything works fine.  I also have it on an x61 non-tablet and it runs fine. I had to do a lot of messing around with stuff to get them to work right though. 

Just make sure that you set system restore points before changing anything so you can get back what you had before, just in case something doesn't work right.  And, only install one thing at a time and reboot and test it out thoroughly before you install something else.  

Good luck with this,

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors