05-09-2010

Canada

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 1

X61 tablet & built-in Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

2010-05-09, 5:10 AM

Type: 7764-CTO S/N: L3-xxxxx OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Driver version: 13.1.1.1 In a nutshell, my WiFi has stopped working overnight; that is, it had been working flawlessly for more than a year, and one day when I woke up it decided to quit. Here's what happens when I turn the radio on now: it will scan for APs as usual, but only report a fraction of the list as it used to - it may not report even the preferred APs, which it had no problems connecting to before - and never make a connection. On some rare occasions, it might be successful at making a connection, but the connection would be reported as limited (i.e. no Internet access) and it would not stay connected for more than a few seconds. 90% of the time the 802.11 radio would try connecting, fail, and power off. Here's what I have tried: I have tried updating to the latest driver, as well as reverting back to the Windows 7 bundled driver. I have tried making connections to several working networks (e.g. friend's home, office, cafes, etc) to rule out my router being the source of the problem. I have also tried running the Ubuntu LiveCD to see if it would work under a different OS. Obviously, nothing has worked. For those who are curious, ethernet connection is working fine. I'm leaning toward it being a hardware failure. Does anyone have other thoughts and perhaps even a solution?

Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save