Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leah49
Serial Port
Views: 248
Message 1 of 2

X61T Not Booting Up!

I am running Windows Vista on X61T (when it is working).

My computer is not working.  Fortunately, I have access to another computer to access these forums.  I left my computer and it was working fine earlier today.  When I returned it was on the Welcome Screen.  I could move the mouse around on the screen, but nothing was clickable.  When I restarted the computer it said "A disk error occured.  Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart."  I did that and it didn't help.  There's no external drive plugged in.  No CD-Rom or flash drive or anything plugged into the USB except for the mouse.  I did arrange in setup to boom from ATA HDD0: ST9250827AS-(S1) first.  That didn't help.  I still get the same error.  I figure I should be able to recover from a restore point.  I am able to access  Rescue and Recovery 4 via the blue Thinkvantage button.  I go to restore my system.  I know if I can do this it should solve my problem.  I choose the first option "Restore my entire hard drive, including all personal data and settings from a backup." I click next.  I get the option to choose the backup to restore from.  There's nothing for me to choose from.  There's nothing on my local hard drive. I don't have anything I can restore from!  Is my only option to restore from original factory state?  I don't want to break my computer any more and I guess if I can't access anything then what harm can I do? I don't want to void my warranty.  I am going to need that if I can't fix it myself.

ETA: I have gone with the option of restoring to original factory state.  I was not able to save any files and that is sad because I do have things I wish I could have saved.  If there is no way I can save then there is nothing I can do. 

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 208
Message 2 of 2

Re: X61T Not Booting Up!

Hello mate,

You could remove your HDD an plug it in another computer to see if you can access some datas and save them.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors