Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmack9185
Paper Tape
Views: 1,344
Message 1 of 5

X61T Tablet battery charger

We are having a problem with the batteries for the X61T (Model: 776702U) we have 14 tablets and 8 additional batteries (42T5209) on external chargers. The users will swap out batteries on the fly and continue to see patients. Medical Practice.  The charger for this battery has a design that destroys the battery. The connector pins are covered with plastic that cracks off when trying to put the battery on the charger. Then the pins are either bent or break off when using the charger.  Of the original 8 extra batteries only 1 is functioning and that one was in my office and not used in the clinic.

Anyone experiencing the same problem? Any luck with Lenovo warrantee covering this problem?  I called and asked about a different charger a couple of months ago and the response was well that is the charger design.  We have had the batteries over a year. Most of them were just left on a shelf and the Doctors stopped swapping out the battery. They put the tablet on the power charger and don't carry it around from exam room to exam room. However 2 of the Doctors use the tablet as it is designed and they have now pointed out the problem because there are no working batteries left. The battery will no longer seat correctly with the connector pins. When the damaged batteries are used with a tablet the tablet keeps signaling that the battery needs to be charged or else shuts down the tablet for no power after any type of movement.  

We don’t want to order new batteries and have the same problem occur!!

Wondering if anyone knows a PERSON to call at Lenovo who might be able to assist with this problem.  When I call into customer service the response is not helpful at all.

Regards,

Dmack

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,333
Message 2 of 5

Re: X61T Tablet battery charger

Hi Dmack9185, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

Sorry that you arrive on your first visit with a problem!

Can you confirm the model number of the external battery charger? The 40Y7625, currently being sold, is "not compatible" with X61 Tablet 8 Cell batteries. Could that be the problem? Yikes.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Dmack9185
Paper Tape
Views: 1,313
Message 3 of 5

FRU 40Y7629

ASM 40Y7626

The chargers came with the extra batteries we ordered. Fortunately they are not the one that is "not compatible" with the X61 Tablet 8 Cell Batteries.

I read about the battery models that are having extended warrentee, again  close but not the same FRU.  

Dmack

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,298
Message 4 of 5

Lenovo parts have a Marketing number, and a Field Replaceable Unit number. The Marketing number for FRU 40Y7629 is 40Y7625 i.e. you appear to have the charger which is "not compatible" with X61 Tablet 8 Cell batteries.

I find myself hoping that the setup you have (batteries + charger) is compatible, but the results you're having suggest there's a problem.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Former Administrator
Views: 1,294
Message 5 of 5

Dmack9185,

We can try to help...how did you buy these?   Were they purchased through direct sales, or do you have a business partner or Lenovo account rep that you have been working with?

If you can send me a private message with your contact information - name, phone, address, and the name your practice, I'll try to arrange for some assistance.  

Thanks!

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals