Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orangethink
What's DOS?
Views: 1,321
Message 1 of 5

X61T - handwriting problems

Hi everyone, I thought I'd post a question and see if I can get some help.

I'm having problems with my lovely new X61T when writing in tablet mode.  I have reinstalled the drivers, but that hasn't solved my problems.

Basically, when I'm in tablet mode, I noticed that my cursor will fly off in different directions if the screen is rotated even the tiniest amount. If all pressure is removed from the screen, it takes a second, but the cursor stabalizes and becomes responsive to my pen again.

Unfortunately, when I write on my tablet, my hand rests on the screen (just like I used to on my previous 2 tablets). This pressure seems enough to throw my cursor off just enough to interfere with my writing.

I have a feeling this is an overactive response to the screen moving. Is there a way to shut it off?

Any thoughts would be helpful! I won't be able to send my machine away for at least another few weeks, and even then, I don't really want to send it away unless i have to!

All the best!
Aaron

bookeater
Paper Tape
Views: 1,314
Message 2 of 5

Re: X61T - handwriting problems

certainly there is!  Although my cursor wasn't running crazy about I had the same bad experience when my hand was lying down on the screen while jotting.

To disable it go to control panel->input devices then choose "touch" bookmark and untick the first field saying "use your finger as an input device"

Hopefully this do the trick!

orangethink
What's DOS?
Views: 1,306
Message 3 of 5

Hi bookeater!  Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately my problem remains.  I changed the setting and rebooted to make sure. 

My problem seems to response to any strain on the swivel, but only when its in tablet mode.  If the screen is:

upright ( |_  ),

laying down ( _ _ )   [but not rotated to cover the keyboard],

Half rotated  ( no way to show it), I have no problems whatsoever. 

It is only when the screen is fully in tablet (  =  ) that my problem starts. 

But I am actually glad to have the multitouch disabled for the time being.  I'm interested in having this problems solved before I start taking advantage of the multitouch.

Thanks again!

Aaron

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,285
Message 4 of 5

Aaron, welcome to the forum,

I suggest as a test you remove the domed Trackpoint cap which is fitted as standard. If the problem goes away it's simply that the is coming into contact with the Trackpoint.

A solution would to be to disable the Trackpoint, not necessarily attractive if you want to use it, or try one of the other two caps you received with your tablet.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

orangethink
What's DOS?
Views: 1,282
Message 5 of 5

Wow!  I would never had guess that was the cause of my problem.  It didn't even occur to me!  I will definitely try the other trackpoint caps that came with my laptop, but unfortunately they are sitting in another province!  But in the mean time, I have a workable solution! 

Thanks again for the replies I recieved today!  Your help has been absolutely fantastic!

Much appreciated!

Aaron

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors