Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nroehrl
Paper Tape
Views: 494
Message 1 of 4

Yoga X380 Win10 clean install

I accidentally deleted the whole internal disk and now need to do a clean install.

I managed to build a bootable usb-stick using Win10_1809Oct_German_x64.iso, downloaded from Microsoft. At the very beginning I get asked to supply additional drivers for Harddisk/USB/DVD. I tried several from the X380 support page but none of them worked.

Can anyone point me to the right drivers to use there?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 492
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga X380 Win10 clean install

Hello and welcome,

I don't have a similar model laptop but I woudn't expect that error unless something was wrong with the bootable media.

How did you build the flash drive?  Windows media creator, rufus, hand-built, something else?  Are you booting in legacy or UEFI mode?

You could also try using Lenovo media:  https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103653?LinkTrack=Solr

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

nroehrl
Paper Tape
Views: 459
Message 3 of 4

I did set up an efi partition using Linux... gpt disklabel and a FAT32 partition with boot flag set, mkdosfs.... Works fine for the efi part. But it's quite possible that windows does not like that particular setup. Well...  Thanks to your hint, I'm now downloading the official recovery medium. 

nroehrl
Paper Tape
Views: 454
Message 4 of 4

OK... works as expected. The downside of this procedure is that it only works with windows. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors