cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KZeagle
Not applicable
Views: 437
Message 1 of 1

digitizer/pen does not work when screen is turned 180 degrees counter clockwise (but OK clockwise)

After some frustration trying to figure out why my digitizer/pen suddenly stopped working in slate mode, I've determined that if the screen is turned 180 degrees counter clockwise (left) the digitizer/pen stops working, regardless of the tilt of the screen.  It works fine in any other position, including 180 degrees clockwise (right).  If you're having issues try out the other direction.

Is this likely to be a problem with the hinge or a software issue? (windows 7 pro x64)

I havn't had this problem before, and although its likely that I favour rotating the screen one way, I would have (probably) noticed it by now.  It seems like it has appeared in the last few days.

I've used system restore to roll back to my virgin Windows 7 + office installation, and it hasn't solved the problem -- but system restore isn't perfect.  I'm loathesome to restore an image of the machine in that state or reinstall Windows 7 until later this month when school calms down since it does work one way.

I've tried reinstalling all of the tablet associated lenovo downloads (buttons, shortcut menu...).  Any other thoughts?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors