Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greyhoundrick
Punch Card
Views: 395
Message 1 of 4

graphics card upgrade ?

Hello,

I am a photographer and recently purchased a Lenovo x220t. Ive noticed that my color calibration is off and even after calibrating with a Spyder3 Pro i am still not getting accurate colors. I am seeing this across much of the color spectrum and notice purples are more blueish, reds are more orange and greens are more yellow. Have you noticed this problem on your machine?

Is there any type of graphics card upgrade available for this laptop that you know of or how i would be able to find out?

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate your time and expertise.

my best to you,

rick

Guru
Views: 381
Message 2 of 4

Re: graphics card upgrade ?

What are you comparing the colors to? With the IPS screen the x220t has about 67.5% sRGB. Even after calibration, some colors will be off. Changing the card wouln't help you.

X1 Carbon 3rd Gen Type 20BT i7-5500U, 2560x1440 (non-touch), Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, Intel 7625 WiFi, BT 4.0 | ThinkVision P24q-10 monitor

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number, and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.
greyhoundrick
Punch Card
Views: 366
Message 3 of 4

thank you very much for your response.

I am comparing the images on my photo stream. I have looked at the images on several devices which i know are calibrated correctly and the colors are grossly off on the lenovo x220t. The reds have an orange tint, the purples a blue tint and the greens a yellow tint. I have noticed this same issue on my nephew's lenovo x220t as well.

I have tried calibrating with the internal calibration system and with a Spyder 3 Pro and this has not helped enough to make the colors correct.

I am VERY disappointed with this because without correct hues my machine is basically worthless to me.

Im not sure if there is anything i can do but im open for suggestions.

Thanks for your help,

rick

Pomoalpaca
Punch Card
Views: 321
Message 4 of 4

One thing you might try: attach an external display, calibrate it using your tools, and see if you get dramatically different results. At least, you'll see if your problem is with the graphics adapter or with the display itself, and knowing that might guide your efforts to compensate (i.e., tell you if your display is simply inadequate to the precision you need, or if better driver software for the adapter might help).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors