Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodanka
Paper Tape
Views: 278
Message 1 of 5

just bid on an x230t

Hi, on hindsight I should have asked this question at this forum first. But I was tired from doing all the researching and bit on an old x230 convertible laptop off ebay that supposedly has core i7 3520M, 4gb of ram, and 160gb ssd. It has been upgraded to windows 10. It has not arrived yet. At around $200, it seemed to me like a steal for the specs. I do think that these specs were user-upgraded and not factory-made so I cannot speak for the quality.

I read rave reviews about this device, however, most were from several years ago. I never owed a device with this specs or a touchscreen laptop for that matter so I do not really know what to expect.

I guess I will start out to see if anyone still second this as a solid convertible laptop in today's standard. Does windows 10 run well on it? Seem like a lot of people run into problems when upgrading to windows 10? Is there anything special about the touchscreen or is it just obsolete technology nowadays? I mean the most resource intensive thing I will do on this laptop is just playing some online flash games so I think it is way less than what it is capable of. I was just looking for a laptop that is upgradable and can stay relevant for a long time so did I make the right call? Any feedbacks are appreciated!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 236
Message 2 of 5

Re: just bid on an x230t

I think they are nice machines and will run windows 10.  All support a pen and most also support finger touch.  The CPU is 4 generations old, so it is not the best choice if you wanted to do heavy processing, but they will take up to 16GB of memory (2X8GB).  The only common failure point I can think of is the little rubber bumpers on the sides of the keyboard bezel.  They are in the habit of breaking off and getting lost.  Once they are gone, the screen won't stay in place well when the lid is closed or flipped around into tablet mode.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
rodanka
Paper Tape
Views: 232
Message 3 of 5

thanks for your answer. so not all of the x230 convertible is finger-sensitive? I just found out that the one I got is not, and I thought it was just a driver incompatibility with windows 10. is there a way of telling by looking at the specs or I have to ask each individual seller?

How's about bluetooth and usb 3.0? would all of the x230 have them? thanks again!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 225
Message 4 of 5

Bluetooth is an option.  All have USB 3.0.  You can look them up is PSREF and check screen.  Some are multi-touch (finger).  Others have an anti-glare screen for outdoor use.  Google search the 4-digit type followed by "PSREF".

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
rodanka
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 5 of 5

thanks. from what I understand all x230 convertibles that are controllable by the stylus are also responsive to touch by the fingers correct (I believe the touchscreen basically respond somewhat to pressure). It is just not responsive to multiple fingers as in a real tablet, but I can still use my finger to click on an onscreen button and simple things like that? thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors