Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alannordgren
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,816
Message 1 of 5

new x201 tablet owner, webcam stopped working

I know there are a few other threads on this but I was hoping that perhaps someone has a fresh idea.  I have had my x201T for about a month and after needing to do a system restore (yeah I did something stupid and I know it hasn't been very long) and after that I tried to set up a skype account and the webcam would not work.  It did work before I did the system restore.  i have all current updates.  Is there anyone that can help me?  Thanks.

Former Employee
Views: 1,764
Message 2 of 5

Re: new x201 tablet owner, webcam stopped working

hey alannordgren,

i would recommend that you uninstall the current camera driver/software from your unit.

then go to

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70656

and install the latest camera driver/software.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
alannordgren
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,737
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for responding.  I reinstalled the driver (it didn't help) but I noticed that there was a integrated camera utility.  So I downloaded this also, messed around with it and now my webcam is working just fine.  Thanks for the tip.

sprinkles66
Paper Tape
Views: 1,470
Message 4 of 5

Re: new x201 tablet owner, how can i tell if it came with a webcam?

PLEASE HELP! I have a Lenovo X201 that I got from my new company and I read online that the webcam is optional on this model. I've been skypeing with a friend, and while I can see his video just fine, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable my video camera. I went to device manager and didn't see any video devices installed. So I installed the webcam drivers from HP, I just don't think this machine came with the webcam. How can I check this or be absolutely sure it DOESN"T have a webcam before I go out and buy a third party device?

Thank you!!

NeilVP
What's DOS?
Views: 1,279
Message 5 of 5

Also try checking the webcam settings in Skype. tools -> options -> Video setting -> Webcam settings -> uncheck the Privacy option.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals