Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GL61
What's DOS?
Views: 845
Message 1 of 3

"Insuficient system resources exist" Error when logging on

Hello,

I am currently having MAJOR difficulty with my new X200 Tablet. I successfuly join my domain and am able to see network drives and am also allowed to accomplish administrative duties. If I RESTART the computer everything works fine. When i LOG OFF it becomes a totally different story. If I try and connect to my shared folders or any network location I recieve an error message that states:

"Drive is not accessible - Insufficient system resources exist to compete the requested service"

If I try and run an administrative function like say Services or Computer Management I receive the same message. Internet connectivity is gone as well. It's as if the system has been crippled. Again, this ONLY happens when i log off and then back on. If i restart the computer everything seems to work correctly.

Looking at the event viewer i noticed Perfdisk errors - event ID 2001. I researched that and realized that that is most likely a culprit of the problem - not the problem itself. I tried some of the solutions to that fix and nothing has worked.

I have re-installed XP SP2 Tablet edition 3 times now and I still have the same issue every time. I am going to try another computer (as I have about 15 of these to issue out) to see if that is the problem.

I'll post my findings.

Thanks for any help you can give.

AGoodSolution
802.11n
Views: 813
Message 2 of 3

Re: "Insuficient system resources exist" Error when logging on

Are you also receiving that popup error "write cache fail " and "data failed to write to $$MFT$$ path"   error too ?

By the chronology you've metnioned, it seems more like your build is being poisoned by domain policy  if I'm reading the parts of how it funtions until you connect to a production or experimental test domain and it fails after being exposed to GPO's  creating complications.

Is that a prod domain in a live environment and are you an admin versed in domain policy or is it a test domain and you control it ?

------------------
Don't just sit there, take a second and use the Kudo's button to compliment the people who help you.
------------------
AGoodSolution
802.11n
Views: 812
Message 3 of 3

Re: "Insuficient system resources exist" Error when logging on

This doesn't seem to be hardware related and MS Domain issues are odysey's in misery.

Elaborate on the connecitivty issues, are you hard coding an IP or using DHCP and do you still have a lease, then the next question is are you able to ping your proxy ?  It is important since power mangers can shutdown your adapters w/o warning and even when the batteries are nearly topped off and you can disable those power saving features on the WiFi, B/T and even CAT5 socket during the testing phase of your image.

I presume you directed your query to Microsoft by using google's  site: parameter to retrieve results just from Microsoft.com so your query wo9ldn't be borked up with uselsss advice from DaniWeb and ExpertsExchange ?

Google does a better job of searching Microsoft than Microsoft ever did wiht their CIServer and Bingblllleech !

The site: parameter is case sensitive and lower and entering the following into any Google search bar yields wholesale amounts of solutions. The URL itself can be upper or mixed case and skip the WWW and other protocol specifiers.

Insufficient system resources exist site:microsoft.com

And since I know the unique misery of borking with windows on a weekend, I'm gonna be a nice guy and paste your google link here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Insufficient%2Bsystem%2Bresources%2Bexist%2Bsite%3Ami...=

Note from Moderator:  Fixed broken link.

------------------
Don't just sit there, take a second and use the Kudo's button to compliment the people who help you.
------------------

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors