Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wolfbyte
Paper Tape
Views: 624
Message 1 of 2

rectangular shaped discoloration on left side of x230 tablet screen

There's this weird rectangle of discoloration on the left side of my screen.  It usually has tiny lines that are multicolored.  The colors change upon pressing on the left side of the screen, specifically the bottom left corner of my screen.  The rectangle also seems to get affected the same way as i grab the tab like surface on the top right of the screen to rotate it into tablet mode.  After searching other posts, i believe my problem may be that that the "contact tape has been delaminated?" http://http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/X220-broken-screen-need-second-o...as this person in this post a similar problem.  I also wanted to point out that the rectangle usually goes away in time or if i push the rotate screen button (sometimes).  It also seems to not be there sometimes when i start up the computer as its not there when it shows "lenovo" during start up but then the rectangle appears.  If i take a screen shot of it, the rectangle doesn't come on the image as you will in the pictures below.  If i duplicate my display on an external display, the rectangle won't be there.  HOWEVER, there has sometimes been a rectangle of discoloration on a different part of the external display.  Interestingly, as you will see in the picture attached, the rectangle is only as long as the window i opened in that screen is.  but the rectangle won't show outside the window or rather the desktop of the external display.  Any help would be appreciated.

Link to image 1

Link to image 2

LInk to image 3

Link to image 4

Link to image 5

Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

wolfbyte
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 2 of 2

Re: rectangular shaped discoloration on left side of x230 tablet screen

so the external monitor i used is apparently buggy with other laptops/computers so apparently the rectanglular discoloration is just on my screen...and bump...help please!