Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gailorbot
Punch Card
Views: 685
Message 1 of 4

screen issue X230T

Hello all.

My X230T screen had dead pixels, and laptop was under warranty, lenovo came and changed it.

but only a few months after my screen started doing that depending of the inclination. if I move it, it change the "band" color, and on some position, it works OK.

IMG_20170131_151845.jpgIMG_20170131_151847.jpgIMG_20170131_151856.jpg

I found on aliexpress replacement panels for 50$. Before buying it, I have few questions.

1) My screen has scratches. Is the panel I will buy will directly replace the one that is there, or is there a "glass" in front that I should replace at the same time, or is it the touchscreen ?

I imagine there is a protective glass in front because there is the "lenovo" sign showed for instance and it's not present on the panel, and it seems to be same part. To said it other way (sorry for my english), when I put my finger on the screen, do I touch directly the panel (that will be replaced) or is there any sort of covering glass in front?

2) I think some screen problem like this can be due to a faulty cable, but from what I read the problem would be on whole screen, not only on a line like it is now. Can anyone confirm this ?

3) If indeed it's the panel that is defective, in this kind of situation is it possible to "fix" the panel, like I don't know, putting something to "push" on the false contact so the contact stays ? 

4) My panel is LP125WH2-SLB3. I'll replace it with LP125WH2-SLT2. Seems the same to me. Or any other model to recommend that would be still IPS (I found lot of "compatible" models that are actually TN) with maybe better colors ?

It's been 4 month i'm using the computer like this, and it didn't got worse it seems. I just have to find position for it to work good. But as I'm actually travelling latinoamerica, I have a chance now to get a panel delivered in aliexpress in an adress I will be in 2 months in mexico, after will be too late to get delivery from china. And I don't think in central america I will find replacement. That's why I still think of getting it even if it's "ok" for me like it is now.

thanks all

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 650
Message 2 of 4

Re: screen issue X230T

If you have a touchscreen, the front "glass" is the digitizer and cannot ne removed.  The problem cannot be the cable.  The kind of failure in the picture cannot be repaired.  It is probably a delaminated contact tape.  The other chouce is failed column driver circuitry.  Neither can be repaired.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
gailorbot
Punch Card
Views: 647
Message 3 of 4

So if order a new panel and change, the scratches on my screen will not be there anymore right ? I'm directly touching the digitizer of the panel right ?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 639
Message 4 of 4

yes

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors