Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chulo
Paper Tape
Views: 4,566
Message 1 of 6

some buttons on X61 tablet are not working

Hi. I just got a Lenovo X61 tablet. some buttons were not working. tablet buttons, thinkvantage button, and mute button. I figured out that the tablet buttons were not working because the tablet has been recently upgraded from Vista to wiindows 7, 32 bits and didn't have the drivers installed. I found the drivers for the tablet buttons and they are working fine now.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find the drivers for the Thinkvantage button and the mute button (to mute the volume, volume up and volume down are working fine). could anybody help me find those?

Thank you in advanced

Former Employee
Views: 4,535
Message 2 of 6

Re: some buttons on X61 tablet are not working

Hi chulo,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Could you try to go to the following site to install the following if you haven't done so. I understand you mentioned that you have install the tablet buttons drivers however have you tried the Hotkey utility? If you have not, you can download via the link below "Hotkey Utility". If it does not help, can you try to download the ThinkVantage System Update (TVSU) for Windows 7 and use the software to find if there are any missing drivers.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-68009

//JameZ

Ultranomad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,518
Message 3 of 6

As far as I know, the mute button emits a standard HID code for mute command, universally recognized by Windows without a driver, just like the volume up and down buttons. So, this may actually be a hardware issue. To check, use any raw I/O packet viewer utility.

chulo
Paper Tape
Views: 4,436
Message 4 of 6

interesting. now, excuse my ignorance but, what is a raw I/O packet viewer utility? how do I use it to check the hardware? thanks

chulo
Paper Tape
Views: 4,433
Message 5 of 6

for Jamez:

thank you. I actually visited that site. I will download the hot key utility and see how that works.

I have actually downloaded the thinkvantage toolbox

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73783#lds

the thinkvantage button still doesn't work after I downloaded it. it might be related to the hotkey you mentioned before. we'll see. I used the thinkvantage toolbok to search for drivers. it found around 30 updates. I downloaded all of them but still the mute button and thinkvantage button don't work. I will try that hotkey utility and TVSU and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you

chulo
Paper Tape
Views: 4,387
Message 6 of 6

hello

an update on my problem. the hotkey utility did the trick. the thinkvantage button and mute button are now working.

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors