Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wooizo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,787
Message 1 of 12

thinkpad Helix - 2 unknown devices in Device Manager

how do we solve this? I bought this expensive laptop but apparently they don't even bother with fixing this bug.

Please assist

lerun
Token Ring
Views: 2,741
Message 2 of 12

Re: thinkpad Helix - 2 unknown devices in Device Manager

The only time I got the same problem was if I put the tablet to sleep while docked to the keyboard, removed it...and woke it up again. Or as my memory is a bit fuzzy, it might have been the other way around.

If you are having devices that are missing drivers, then if you post a picture of what you have in the device manager I can compare and find what is missing.

jmdearras
Token Ring
Views: 2,717
Message 3 of 12

wooizo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,689
Message 4 of 12

Link to picture

Hi as you can see there is this annoying exclamation mark there on the lenovo solution center icon

Link to picture

The missing hidden devices as attached.

So if the problem lies with windows 8 then should i just ignore it?

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

lerun
Token Ring
Views: 2,682
Message 5 of 12

Not sure what version you have, but on my i7 model I have another sensor module called:

C5621 gw Mobile Broadband Geolocation sensor

What is under the network adapters?

Do you have two camera 

Also how does it look under USB controllers?

Kabouik
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,516
Message 6 of 12

Two unknown devices... You're lucky. Here is what I get with my Helix 3701-42G (delivered yesterday):

http://i.imgur.com/twYj94k.png?1

"Périphérique inconnu" means "Unknown device"; "non installé" means "not installed"; and "désactivé" means "not activated".

1. I tried updating the drivers from the Internet with the context menu in Device Manager, no fortune (told me the drivers were already up to date).

2. I already launched the System Update tool from the ThinkVantage tools (black icon in quickbar with "Lenovo PC Experience" as a tooltip when you mouse over), and installed everything (except Intel Smart Connect Technology 3.0 - 8 [64] because, for some reason, it seems to install fine and then the System Update manager offers to update it again, with the same version number. I tried to install it at least 7 times and it is still here, any one also has this issue?

3. I also updated the BIOS.

4. All Windows updates are installed.

Anyone knows how to solve all these unknown devices? And how to succeed updating Intel Smart Connect Technology? I have no idea why these things are not working properly, but they are numerous and this is quite disappointing, not mentionning fan speed inconsistencies.

BillPStudios
Serial Port
Views: 2,408
Message 7 of 12

I have the same problem. I also receive a blue screen with a wink telling me I have a system error every time I reboot. When it does restart I get a message asking if I want to send the error to Microsoft.

Bill Pytlovany

Bill Pytlovany
BillP Studios
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
Former Employee
Views: 2,372
Message 8 of 12

Hi all,

Thanks for posting and to those that have just registered, welcome to the communitiy. I was reading though this thread and would like to assist as best as I can.

I was wondering when did this issue started appearing? Was ou-of-the-box or some time after you did some windows or lenovo updates? It hard to say whats causing this, I'm trying to get the teams to gether to tak a look at this case.

Please do give me a bit of time.

Regards
Kabouik
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,368
Message 9 of 12

Thanks for considering this issue.

I can't say it was there out of the box, but I do know it was still there after some Windows updates and Lenovo updates. However, the inactive devices finally started working after I found in the Lenovo Metro applications that there were drivers updates available. I installed dependencypackage.exe and settingsdependencyp.exe and I think that is what solved the issue. Finding these updates was not straightforward though, as they were not advised in the Lenovo Solution Center, only in some Metro applications.

I am not sure the devices are working properly though, as I can't pair with my smartphone using NFC (though NFC does appear in the wireless settings), the Map application in Metro is not finding my location acurately which makes me think it only uses my internet connection and not the GPS (though the GPS appears in the wireless settings). As for the WWAN, I don't know why, but the Lenovo Mobile Access Metro application stopped working. I only get the splashscreen then it crashes without any error message. I uninstalled/reinstalled but same behavior. WWAN appears with a "Macheen" network in my connection options when I click on the connection icon in the systray, but it won't work: "connection impossible". Don't know if it is because the device is not working properly, or because the Mobile Access applicasion is not working properly.

The two "unknown" devices are still there, still unknown. I don't know what they actually are.

TTSPassion
What's DOS?
Views: 2,316
Message 10 of 12

Having Unknown Device Message as well.  In my case, it's most devices that I connect through my USB 3.0 thinkpad dock.  It won't recognize my rosewell dvd player, and many times it won't recognize my Samsung S4.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors