Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blog Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog
Highlighted
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

to buy or not to buy a multi-touch screen, x201t

I am currently using a T-400 and would like to upgrade and get a lighter computer.
Lenovo is having a Black Friday Encore sae, which ends today, and I can get a good deal on an X-201 tablet for $993 (w/o tax).

The big question: should I spend $247 and add the multi-touch screen?

I've never used a multi-touch screen and am not sure what advantages it would bring. I've seen friends i-pads and they look like fun for looking at pics and reading but for what else.

Do they have any particular problems?

I use the computer for school (I'm a teacher), email, and doing some desktop design work using InDesign and might do more web work in the future (have a additional screen for this).

Any suggestions on this would be most appreciated, especially from those with a multi-touch screen. I live overseas and my friend will be bringing it so it's not so easy to test and return.
Thanks
Karen

Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

Re: to buy or not to buy a multi-touch screen, x201t

I recently purchased a multi-touch x201 tablet, and I it is awesome!  If you are a teacher, I would recommend the multi-touch just for the use with Microsoft one note application.  It has really changed the way I organize my tasks and schedules.

I have not had any problems with the multi-touch function, and I think it is a great way to surf the web, much better than using a mouse.  

Definitely worth the money.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: to buy or not to buy a multi-touch screen, x201t

thanks so much for the reply.  glad you like it. Smiley Happy i did order the multi-touch.  supposed to be shipped 23 dec on 2-3 day shipping; i hope it gets to my friend before she heads back here to the uae.

btw, you don't find it too heavy?\

K