Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ffernandes
What's DOS?
Views: 2,834
Message 1 of 5

x200 tablet BIOS wont update

trying to update a x200 tablet we have here with the Windows utility AND the boot cd. Both give the message that the BIOS directory cannot be found.

What am I missing here (besides the directory)

Thanks,

Fred

meany_greeny
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,622
Message 2 of 5

Re: x200 tablet BIOS wont update

This is yet another example of why Lenovo has failed as a company to support its customer and why, after owning 5 of these systems and recommending them to companies and friends, I'm done.

I also found this same error on the X200T. It is as if nobody tests these patch releases any longer. I also have a problem with the wireless LAN driver going out to lunch. All of a sudden the Lenovo wireless app shows a red X through the connection icon (lower right) and shows the radio as powered-off. I am unable to power it on. The only solution is to reboot. This is what I paid nearly $2K for on this particular machine.

carmenr
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,505
Message 3 of 5

downgrade to 2.06 stays at 'this may take a minute' for a while.

downgrade to 3.09 and 3.02 both worked, but the 15 minute boot problem still exists

thinkwiki's instructions on how to use the bios updater via GRUB are quite good

carmenr
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,502
Message 4 of 5

meany you can find intel 5100/5300 dying issues all over the net, i dont think we can necessarily blame lenovo

what we can complain about, is the hardware whitelist of network cards, preventing us from using ones with stable/bug-free drivers & firmware

heres thoping for a BIOS update that allows the usage of any wireless card

meany_greeny
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,434
Message 5 of 5

I posted on two different items here and that might have confused the issue. The bios issue has nothing to do with the wireless issue as far as I am aware. I just happened to note that here in this thread.

I have found the problem that caused this BIOS update.  Most of us with an X200 Tablet are conditioned to go straight  to the X200 downloads driver page  since often the drivers are the same for the X200 and X200 tablet. There is a special X200 tablet bios update and you need to use that. Here is the link: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70651 

That BIOS update is specfiically for the X200 Tablet version and is different from the straight X200 BIOS update. Apparently you need this new update for Windows 7 or at least benefit from it based on the release notes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors