05-14-2011

San Antonio, TX

5 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 4

x200 tablet battery wont charge

2011-05-14, 15:00 PM

On my ultrabase with USB devices attached, my power supply failed overnight. Completely discharged battery. Battery would not charge at all. Computer says that battery completely discharged and may take X hours to charge....but no, it wont charge. I purchase a brand new Lenovo battery. This comes with a 22% charge. This one wont charge either. No charging problems before, using two different power supplies.Both batteries charge with the ultrabase battery charger but then gradually discharge when plugged in and installed in the computer. Both are 8 cell lenovo batteries. I believe my BIOS is the current one. My motherboard was replaced under warranty before lenovo terminated my 3 year onsite tied to the online data backup service.

I called tech support and the guy would not speak to me. I'm really frustrated as I use my computer in the field almost every day.

really frustrated. somebody please help

Z

Options

1 Posts

05-16-2011

East Idaho

7 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 2 of 4

Again... x200 tablet battery wont charge

2011-05-16, 22:41 PM

I just recently had the exact same problem.  I am replying to this thread simply so I can receive notifications for more information concerning this topic.  I can't afford a new battery and I'm almost positive that I don't need one mainly because my "percent of original capacity" is 99%.  If anyone has any information concerning this problem please respond soon.

Thank you

Sorry Zacharymcd if I got your hopes up about having a solution.

Options

2484 Posts

04-11-2011

Malaysia

1300 Signins

16673 Page Views

• Views: 16673
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Again... x200 tablet battery wont charge

2011-05-18, 1:10 AM
hey all,

could you both pm to me the following

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(ThinkPad Series - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.dolndocid=MIGR49QTT6&sitestyle=lenovo#find)

S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case Number : (if any)

Description of issue :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 4 of 4

Re: Again... x200 tablet battery wont charge

2011-05-24, 15:27 PM

Also,

See this forum KB article and see if the BIOS / Firmware update will help you...

Mark

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete