Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
limata
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,079
Message 1 of 3

x200 tablet memory

I have 2GB memory in my x200 tablet now. Will it work if I put another 1 GB memory inside? Or it has to work in pairs, like 2 X 2GB?

Retired Guru
Views: 1,073
Message 2 of 3

Re: x200 tablet memory

The memory doesn't have to be paired, matched, same manufacturer, or identical. It has to be compatible with the hardware used.

In other words, it has to be 204-pin PC3-8500 DDR3 memory modules. If you are currently using 2 x 1GB modules, you will need to purchase a 2GB module to have a total of 3GB. I would suggest you check to see what configuration you have. Either 1 x 2GB module or 2 x 1GB modules. You can check this with software [CPU-Z] or by physically removing the panel and verifying the configuration.

Note: If checking with CPU-Z, download and run the utility. Click the "SPD" tab. Click the drop-down box labeled "Slot #1". The details should show wether it's a 1GB module or a 2GB module. If it's a 1GB module, select "Slot #2", and it should show you that it contains another 1GB module.

Hope this helps.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
limata
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,065
Message 3 of 3

Re: x200 tablet memory

Thanks a lot. This is really helpful!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors