Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pojo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,071
Message 1 of 5

x200 thinkpad tablet : 'USB Device Not Recognized' on screen rotation

I recently did a fresh install of win 7 64-bit on my thinkpad x200 tabletpc, updated all the usual drivers and software from lenovo and windows update. Whenever I rotate my display into tablet mode, I always get the message 'USB Device Not Recognized' in the system tray, windows then trys to find and install device drivers for it but is unsuccessful every time. I have tried to find device drivers to fix this without any success. In device manager, I see the culprit highlighted under Universal Serial Bus Controllers with a yellow exclamation mark sign beside 'Unknown Device' with a location of Port_#001.Hub_#002. I have tried uninstalling and and reinstalling this, still no success. I have tried to disable it merely to stop the annoying prompt from the system tray yet it still comes back and warns me of the same problem.

Has anybody else experienced this ? Does anybody have any suggestion for solving the problem ?

I'm guessing it is related to the display driver, I will try installing/reinstalling another version of that to see if that fixes it. I'm starting to doubt the integrity of this tablet, I've begun to notice a lot more driver and USB conflicts lately..

Guru
Views: 2,023
Message 2 of 5

Betreff: x200 thinkpad tablet : 'USB Device Not Recognized' on screen rotation

Did you install the Cipset driver.

I guess, this is missing and so unknown devices cannot get recognized well.

What about the tablet button driver?

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!
pojo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,986
Message 3 of 5

I had the button driver installed already, I then installed that Cipset driver but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. I wonder if there is a certain order in which the updates and drivers should be installed ? Is it possible that if they are not installed in some order that conflicts and file overwrites between them may prevent certain features from working properly ? Well, I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and see if that might help. Thank you for the suggestion and links anyway.

Guru
Views: 1,979
Message 4 of 5

Indeed the is a recommended order to install the drivers. But you are able to install them in your own order without getting big trouble. It often happens, that a driver got not installed and a "post-install" helps solving the problem.

Do you have a fingerprint reader at the display bezel? In that case: Is the pingerprint reader package installed?(Fingerprint reader is connected to USB)

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!
homman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,863
Message 5 of 5

Is there anyone from lenovo?
These laptops have a defect in the firmware

x200t x201t and x220t
Have 4 problems.
1 When you rotate the screen (Cover) camera starts freaking out.
Found a new device, etc.
But after a while it works.

2There is still no drivers for PCI Express.
Do not support power management.

3Drivers for the screen are still underdeveloped.
I installed again and the new version (2 month)
Does not work in tablet mode.
Or no pressure levels. Therefore, all combine with fujitsu drivers.

4Only the oldest drivers are working properly. (2010)
The new BIOS or power manager. There is a bug
Instal cpuz please.
Laptop should consume approximately 7 - 11W of energy. In power saving mode.
But uses about 18W
So instead of 6h, we have only three or four hours.
In cpuz sees that processor speed does not decrease below 1200 MHz and should be below the 200
The problem is a power management processor and graphics.

WRITE the **bleep** DRIVERS FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator edit: Multiple posts with the same content were removed. Please don't post the same content in multiple places. It splinters the discussion and makes it hard to follow. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors