Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welworx
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 1 of 1

x201 Tablet - cpu power problem

Hi,

I have the problem that whenever the systems needs more power (for example when I converte photos from raw to jepg) my sound interrupts quite often. Often I could hardly use my computer, because my courser is jumping over the screen and everything is very slow.

I have found out that the task manager says that I uses 100% of my CPU. this would explain why everything is so slow, but i guess this isn't normal.

I had a look at the event viewer and figured out that everytime before I have these problems I got the warning with event-id 37: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for xxx seconds since the last report.

I saw this phenomenon with and without ultrabase and with and without battery mode.

I used several different power profiles.

I did a clean install and installed all drivers with lenovo systemupdate (except: Intel AMT 6.0 - Management Engine Interface and Serial Over LAN (SOL) Driver, ThinkVantage Active Protection System)

my system: 

x201 Tablet

windows 7 professional 64 bit - sp1

Bios Version: 6QET69WW (1.39 )

4GB Ram

Samsung SSD 380

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

could anyone help me, or does anyone has an idea where to start to solve this problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals