Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welworx
Paper Tape
Views: 365
Message 1 of 1

x201 Tablet - cpu power problem

Hi,

I have the problem that whenever the systems needs more power (for example when I converte photos from raw to jepg) my sound interrupts quite often. Often I could hardly use my computer, because my courser is jumping over the screen and everything is very slow.

I have found out that the task manager says that I uses 100% of my CPU. this would explain why everything is so slow, but i guess this isn't normal.

I had a look at the event viewer and figured out that everytime before I have these problems I got the warning with event-id 37: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for xxx seconds since the last report.

I saw this phenomenon with and without ultrabase and with and without battery mode.

I used several different power profiles.

I did a clean install and installed all drivers with lenovo systemupdate (except: Intel AMT 6.0 - Management Engine Interface and Serial Over LAN (SOL) Driver, ThinkVantage Active Protection System)

my system: 

x201 Tablet

windows 7 professional 64 bit - sp1

Bios Version: 6QET69WW (1.39 )

4GB Ram

Samsung SSD 380

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

could anyone help me, or does anyone has an idea where to start to solve this problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors