Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blueneonboy
Paper Tape
Views: 821
Message 1 of 3

x201t WXGA 200 nits basic (cheapest) display

Hello guys! I was thinking of getting a x201 tablet pc. In most topics and reviews I found discussions Multitouch VS. Outdoor Superbright displays on x201t. It seems nobody is even thinking of getting a x201t with basic 200 nits display. So, my question would be - is the basic (cheapest) display that bad?? Does anyone have that one? What are the cons/pros? As being an architect, I was planning to use my new x201t for some design sketching indoor as well as outdoor. Since the Superbright outdoor model is no longer available at lenovo.com, should I wait for it or go for some of these currently available? If somebody owns a x201t with basic 200nits display I would appreciate to hear any comments... I wouldn't like to give extra $247 for a multitouch option (especially cause I don't need it) if the basic 200 nits screen bright enough. Thanks in advance!

Guru
Views: 772
Message 2 of 3

Re: x201t WXGA 200 nits basic (cheapest) display

Welcome to the forum!

You'll be OK with the "basic" LCD as long as you're indoors.

Even the so-called "superbright" ones are really not meant for serious and prolonged use outdoors in my opinion.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
blueneonboy
Paper Tape
Views: 759
Message 3 of 3

Re: x201t WXGA 200 nits basic (cheapest) display

Hello! Thanks for the welcome and quick answer. I think I'll go for the superbright one...

Thanks again!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors