cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mobiuspizza
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,576
Message 1 of 4

x220 active rotate, "display cannot switch to secondary landscape in this configuration"

With Active Rotate enabled and kid of working, trying to hold the tablet in slate mode with battery facing up, TSMResient.exe will report that "cannot switch to secondary landscape in this configuration" with a message box.

All other orienations work. What is strange is, you can force it to switch to secondary landscape by using the Change Orientation button near the LED lights and there is absolutely no problem. Using windows control panel to change orientation works too without error messages.

Searching for this error message will show many results in google, most reported in 2009 so this is an old bug. But there is no solutions as far as I can see. What gives Lenovo? Please help.

HypertextEye
Punch Card
Views: 2,567
Message 2 of 4

Re: x220 active rotate, "display cannot switch to secondary landscape in this configuration&qu

I had this problem for a day or two and it magically fixed itself. Wish I knew what did it so I could fix it if it ever happened again...

matpl89
Punch Card
Views: 2,528
Message 3 of 4

Re: x220 active rotate, "display cannot switch to secondary landscape in this configuration&qu

I use the manual rotation because I had the same problem... Plus it's really not responding well.

mobiuspizza
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,520
Message 4 of 4

Re: x220 active rotate, "display cannot switch to secondary landscape in this configuration&am

Well it responds well for me. But you need to calibrate it by lying the screen *in slate mode* compeltely flat in the options page where you enable the feature using the calibration button,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals