Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rattify
What's DOS?
Views: 787
Message 1 of 7

x230 3434 Outdoor Tablet pen compatibility

I have a X230 Tablet with the Outdoor display, meaning it requires the digitizer pen and does not work with fingers.

The pen that came with the tablet is not pressure sensitive. If at all possible, I would love to get a pressure sensitive pen, but I can't find a list of compatibility anywhere. Apparently there aren't all that many of these tablets out there in the Wild.

If anyone can help point me in the direction of a pressure sensitive pen for my tablet, I would be very grateful. (Or if one does not exist, let me know and I'll stop living in false hope!)

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 780
Message 2 of 7

Re: x230 3434 Outdoor Tablet pen compatibility

X230t wacom digitiser is pressure sensitive. Are you using windows 7 or windows 8?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Rattify
What's DOS?
Views: 779
Message 3 of 7

I'm using Windows 7.

Views: 776
Message 4 of 7

The pressure sensitivity is in the pen and not the screen. So which softwares are you testing your pen with it?
Regards,

Jin Li

Rattify
What's DOS?
Views: 754
Message 5 of 7

Adobe Photoshop CS6.

Thank you for your help!

Rattify
What's DOS?
Views: 707
Message 6 of 7

Hey, um, so does this mean the pen I already have IS pressure sensitive and the problem is with the software? What do I do now? Can I fix it or do I have to send my machine in to Lenovo for them to fix? Please help, I've had this thing for months and had no idea it was supposed to be pressure sensitive, I thought I would have to buy a new peripheral. This is really frustrating.

In case it is relevant, I have a Wacom pad that I use with my desktop, a very old model, and this laptop doesn't recognize pen input from the Wacom pad either (ordinarily this pad is plug-and-play, I've never had trouble with any other machines using it). Maybe there is something wrong with the way it's handling pens in general?

Views: 689
Message 7 of 7

do you have OneNote? can you download a trial program? Does your wacom pen pressure sensitivity work in that?
Regards,

Jin Li

Top Kudoed Authors