cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warel
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 1 of 2

x230 Tablet touchscreen no longer works after replacing motherboard?

I bought a used x230T a while ago. Initially the touchscreen worked fine but the motherboard failed after about a month, so I replaced it. After doing so, however, the screen no longer takes touch input of any kind and the webcam no longer works. Any attempts to reinstall drivers have not worked, and I sometimes get an error stating that no touch input hardware could be detected. I've also tried unplugging and replugging the ZIF connectors many times. Does anyone have any advice for other steps I could take or others things I could try? I got the tablet model specifically because of the touchscreen so it's been disappointing to go without it. Thanks for any tips you may have.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 154
Message 2 of 2

Re: x230 Tablet touchscreen no longer works after replacing motherboard?

I cannot be sure without seeing, but if both the touch and the webcam don't work, check the cable connections on the motherboard.  Next option is a defective motherboard (bad usb hub)

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors