Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe231
What's DOS?
Views: 179
Message 1 of 2

x230t, upgraded to msata, trying to get second hdd to work

I have been trying to upgrade WIndows 10 Pro on my x230T to the Fall Creators update (1703 or 1709).  But each time it gets to 27%, it does its first reboot and then crashes and rolls back the installation.

Microsoft support spent a bunch of time on it, and they couldn't get it to work.  They pointed me to the Lenovo Support page where it wasn't mentioned in the list of tested machines.

Has anyone with an X230T get this update installed?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 178
Message 2 of 2

Re: x230t, upgraded to msata, trying to get second hdd to work

Hello and welcome,

1st: your subject and content don't seem to match.  Do you in fact have multiple drives installed? Which one holds the OS you're trying to update?

2nd: are you trying to do the update via Windows Update?  Sometimes downloading the full installer and running setup from that - or even creating bootable media and running that - can get around WU failures.

Sorry I can't address x230t specifics.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Top Kudoed Authors