Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbclamence
Paper Tape
Views: 1,403
Message 1 of 3

x61t pen input and tablet buttons not functional after lcd replacement

This afternoon, the SXGA+ LCD of my x61t was replaced onsite by an IBM technician.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to verify that tablet functionality was still intact before he left.  Pen input and the tablet buttons appear not to be working. 

I am unsure whether this is a driver issue, or if it is possible that the technician installed non-tablet LCD.  Any assistance would be much appreciated.  

Thanks.

jbclamence
Paper Tape
Views: 1,388
Message 2 of 3

Re: x61t pen input and tablet buttons not functional after lcd replacement

Perhaps this will help.  The part requisition sheet in the box the technician brought lists an LCD pro. plate with FRU number 93P5609.  I'm not sure what this part corresponds to.  Looking at the parts page for the x61t, I see that the FRU number for the SXGA+ tablet monitor is 13N7235.  Some sites seem to suggest that these are the same item, but others indicate otherwise.

After installing Wacom drivers 5.05-7 (which seemed to have been deleted), tablet buttons appear functional again, but there is still no response from the pen.

Thanks,

jbclamence

lyvwhyr
802.11n
Views: 1,324
Message 3 of 3

Re: x61t pen input and tablet buttons not functional after lcd replacement

I'm not sure what machine type you have but the replaced LCD is for

• 7762-CTO, 93x, 94x, 95x
  • 7763-CTO, 95x
  • 7764-CTO, 93x
  • 7767-CTO, 96x, A4x, A5x
  • 7768-CTO
  • 7769-CTO

12.1-in. SXGA+ TFT, protection plate, direct
bonding, digitizer assembly G5

If you have a  G4 assembly then you might have the incorrect part. If you can, call back to support to verify this with your machine type and serial number 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals