cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Votes

Better display options: higher resolution PLUS multitouch.

The number one reason I have refrained from purchasing Lenovo/Thinkpad/X1 devices for the past few years is because of the abysmal lack of high-resolution screens paired with high-performance+creative design.  With the X1 Carbon, for instance, if you want a decent-res display, you get no touchscreen; no 4K or similar resolutions available.

The X1 Extreme is the only X1 device that offers both high resolution and touchscreen. No convertible design, though.

Comments
Community SeniorMod

The x1 carbon is now ONLY non-touch.  The touch version of that model line is the X1 Yoga.  You will find that the X1 Yoga gen3 is very similar to the x1 Carbon gen6, but with a touch (and pen) screen.  I use one and I like it a lot.  This was my review when it was released:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-CES-2018/ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-Generation-3-review/m-p/3934729

Ctrl-Alt-Del

Well @richk that had better not be true, as my father is expecting his X1 Carbon 6th gen to arrive tomorrow WITH multitouch as that is what he selected and paid for even though he was disappointed that it meant he had to accept a lower-resolution display.

For some, convertible is not a good option becomes it comes with relatively-notable increase in weight and size, and if you're not going to be using your laptop in tablet and tent mode with some regularity then the added bulk is not a worthwhile tradeoff.  For those who do appreciate the convertible features, absolutely it's nice to have.

Thanks for sharing your review.  I had to hard rule-out the X1 Yoga for myself because the resolution doesn't get high enough for my needs; otherwise it was a very attractive machine.

fyi X1 Carbon 6th gen display options:

• 14" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare, 300 nits
  • 14" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare multi-touch, 300 nits
  • 14" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-glare, 300 nits
  • 14" HDR WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS glossy with Dolby Vision, 500 nits 
Top Kudoed Authors