Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-29-2021

Aland Islands

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen questions

2021-01-29, 19:16 PM

Hi all, I am planning to buy my first ThinkPad in preparation for my university. I would like to ask a few questions to fellow X1 yoga users. I plan to take notes in tablet mode , how is the writing experience ? How is the palm rejection ? ( not much drawing, not an artist ) How is the battery life from day to day use ? I plan to use it for productivity program and programming ( no gaming ) How is the build of this laptop ? especially the hinge? I know ThinkPad are very durable compare to other laptop. But I am planning for this laptop to last at least 4 years.

https://omegle.onl/ vshare
Options

137 Posts

01-27-2010

Canada

450 Signins

3465 Page Views

• Views: 3465
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:ThinkPad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen questions

2021-01-29, 19:59 PM

Hi and Welcome to the forums.

I hope you don't mind if I break your query down into sections to try and give you information based on my experiences with hands on with one of these a while ago.

Battery Life -

- This will vary depending on your use.  

- My experience with the X1 Yoga, I averaged 8 + hours from a charge and I'm a fairly heavy user.  

- The 3rd Gen also has RapidCharge which means quick top-ups are very easy.  

On Screen Writing Experience - 
- Any onscreen writing experience on any device generally requires some acclimatization compared to writing on paper.  That said the technology in this Yoga is very good and the parallax is low & input is very pen like.   I use digital pen & ink on OneNote all day every day and had no issue with this.  
- The pen which comes with most of the Yoga's is very slim and if pen input is a regular thing for you I would strongly recommend looking at the ThinkPad Pen Pro or similar for hand comfort.  
- If you require a more paper like feel there are a number of screen protectors from various 3rd parties which can offer different desired feels.

Palm Rejection - 
- As a regular note taker (pages daily) I have not had an issue with palm rejection when I used this machine with OneNote or other applications.

Performance -
- The 3rd Gen X1 Yoga is fitted with 8th Gen Intel Corei CPUs. These CPUs are adequate for conventional productivity and these machines are far from a slouch.  If that generation of CPU us sufficient for your program / compiling needs is something you I'm unable to assess for you.

Build Quality - 
- ThinkPad Build Quality, is class setting.  Anything carrying the ThinkPad brand is MILSPEC tested and the X1 Yoga Gen3 is no exception.  Specifically these machines are tested to MIL-STD-810G

Longevity -

- X1 Yoga Gen 3 has been on sale for a number of years already.  I think it you looked to purchased it today there are probably offers that will include next business day support for 3 years.  Overall I personally would anticipate this laptop to last beyond the warranty period.  All my ThinkPads have.

I hope this is helpful.

Currently Using: ThinkPad Yoga 370, ThinkPad X1 Tablet, YogaBook C930, Yoga 910
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms