ThinkPad Tablet 2 (TPT2): Accessing Win 8 System Recovery during startup

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎02-14-2013 by
Modified ‎11-21-2013 by
(8,101 Views)

ThinkPad Tablet 2 (TPT2): Accessing Win 8 System Recovery during startup

Question

How can I access the Windows 8 System Recovery Options on a ThinkPad Tablet 2 during startup?

Answer

In order to access the ThinkPad Tablet 2's System Recovery Option menu from startup, you will first need to begin with the machine completely powered down. As you power up the machine press and hold the power button, and then immediately begin tapping the Volume Down button until the Please Wait message appears underneath the Lenovo Splash.

tablet 2 power button.jpg

You will see a display with a language selection, followed by a keyboard selection. From here you will have multiple options, and you will need to navigate to the Troubleshoot option to view different Recovery Options, such as Refresh and Reset your PC, and some more advanced options such as System Restore.

More information about these options can be found  by checking out the Repair and Recovery Page at Microsoft.com.

Comments
by hs2 on ‎07-02-2013 07:41 AM

I want to add an additional touch screen monitor to my Tablet 2.  Can this be done and what would be the best screen?  I could not get a Dell touch screen to perform the touch options.